One thing we love in this house is Kiwi fruit and ice lollies. So what would be better than a combination of these two? We decided to give it a go, and I can tell you the results speak volumes. These are probably the best Kiwi & lemon ice lollies I have ever tasted – and probably the only ones too …
This is what you’ll need:
Kiwi fruit – I used 6 (My ice lolly moulds are not very big)
40 g Icing sugar
1 organic lemon
Ice lolly moulds
This is how you do it:
- Peel and roughly chop the kiwi fruits.(I used 6 kiwis)
- Pop in the food processor, add your lemon juice to taste (I used 1/4 for my batch)- as you wouldn’t want it too sweet nor too sour, just the right combination, and give it a good spin until liquid.
- If you (like me) like the seeds of the fruit – you are ready to go (if not – sift the puree through a sieve and discard the pulp)
- Just fill the ice lolly moulds with your kiwi puree, and leave in the freezer for 35 minutes, before putting the ice lolly stick half way in.
- Leave overnight and the next day you’ll have green kiwi ice lollies