When I was younger, if I were to choose between a savory, or sweet dish I would almost always pick something savory. Now I am not so sure. In fact, my taste buds have changed, and the things I love have changed too. Maybe it comes with age – the taste becomes more refined, and perhaps you enjoy the ‘better’ things in life. Good food rather than fast food perhaps!
MY CHEVY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES:
Ingredients: (makes 36 cookies)
- 500 g flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 350 g butter / melted
- 400 g brown sugar
- 2 tbsp vanilla powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 650 g chocolate chips
- Prepare you baking trays with parchment paper and turn the oven to 175 degrees.
- Sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, vanilla
- In a medium bowl, mix the butter & brown sugar until blended.
- Whisk in the egg and egg yolk until light and creamy.
- Whisk in the sifted ingredients until smooth
- Spoon in the chocolate chips
- With a tablespoon, spoon the dough onto the baking trays – use a full spoon, and remember to give the cookies space, as they will spread out (I say around 8 cm apart)
- Bake in the oven for 15-17 minutes or until the edges are slightly brown.
- Cool on a baking tray.