Being an advocate of creating and “Chasing hygge” everywhere, I absolutely adored coming across the hyggelige and cozy greenhouse belonging to my lovely girlfriend Mille.
Her greeenhouse is her sanctuary, a place she relaxes all year round. She has decked it out for winter, and now it looks utterly amazing, and very hyggeligt for Christmas.
We have included a few tips on how you can – with little effort make your outdoor greeenhouse or orangery ready for some Winter hygge.
YES, you do have to dress up warm, and drink lots of hot tea, hot chocolate or even Gløgg – but that’s hygge during the cold months – and it is essentially what hygge is all about!!
TIPS TO MAKE YOUR GREENHOUSE A HYGGELIGT SANCTUARY
- GET CANDLES, LOTS OF THEM – ESSENTIAL HYGGE ITEMS.
- ADD A TABLE AND CHAIR – AND BLANKETS SO YOU CAN RELAX AND KEEP WARM. WRAP UP, AND REMEMBER A HOT DRINK – TEA IS ALWAYS A GOOD IDEA.
- STICK TO A COHERENT COLOUR PALETTE – IN THIS GREENHOUSE WE KEPT IT GREEN AND FRESH.
- MIX AND MATCH YOUR ACCESSORIES – OLD, NEW, METAL, STONE, WOOD.
- CREATE HYGGELIGE NOOKS AND VIGNETTES ON TABLES AND THE FLOOR.
- MAKE SURE YOU USE PLANTS THAT CAN SURVIVE FROST.
- ENJOY YOUR NEW FAVOURITE SPACE – ALL YEAR ROUND.