When I was younger, if I were to choose between a savory, or sweet dish I would almost always pick something savory.
Now I am not so sure. In fact, my taste buds have changed, and the things I love have changed too. Maybe it comes with age – the taste becomes more refined, and perhaps you enjoy the ‘better’ things in life. Good food rather than fast food perhaps!
A sweet recipe that makes my mouth water even thinking about it though, is my good old chewy chocolate chip cookies.
These cookies are simply heavenly mouthfuls and something to I look forward to sharing with people when I have baked these – just because they are better than the ones you buy in the shop!
It is also fun baking these! And there isn’t a single person I have given these to, that has disliked them, on the contrary in fact! SO trust me – this is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe in the world. – Almost guaranteed!
Ingredients: (makes 36 cookies)
500 g flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda 350 g butter / melted
400 g brown sugar
2 tbsp vanilla powder
2 egg yolks
650 g chocolate chips
* Prepare your baking trays with parchment paper and turn the oven to 175 degrees.
* Sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, vanilla
* In a medium bowl, mix the butter & brown sugar until blended.
* Whisk in the egg and egg yolk until light and creamy.
* Whisk in the sifted ingredients until smooth. Spoon in the chocolate chips
* With a tablespoon, spoon the dough onto the baking trays – use a full spoon, and remember to give the cookies space, as they will spread out (I say around 8 cm apart).
* Bake in the oven for 15-17 minutes or until the edges are slightly brown.
*Cool on a baking tray.
E N J O Y